Saturday, June 18, 2011

SUCCESS!!! Post-Project Reflection

Operation Bookkeeper

This project went well, but not as well as I wanted it to. In terms of work, we did better than last time, but as a group, we faced many problems. When everything was done, I felt happy with the end result and how well the project went. A couple of things went wrong during this project. One was that some of the people didn't show up! Olivia and Milia were not able to make it to the library because of car trouble. This made each group a person short. This was something that couldn't be foreseen or controlled. However, many things also went well with this project. Ariel and I were able to teach many library patrons how to use the new self check-in system. Lea was also able to improve the conditions of the library shelves. If we had more people, this project would have been even more successful, and we would've gotten more work done. By getting more people to volunteer, those extra people will compensate for those who don't show up or have a sudden change in plans. While working at the library, I got the opportunity to interact with the public and practice my speaking skills with strangers. At first, I wasn't very successful, but after a couple of attempts, I was able to convince many people to try the system. Ariel also helped convince people too. My next project will be a local road clean-up. Stay tuned for more information.










No comments:

Post a Comment