Saturday, June 18, 2011

Alpaca This! Road Clean-up

This road clean-up was even more successful than the last time! It exceeded my expectations, and was a huge success! Completing this project made me and my helpers feel like we were contributing to the community! One thing that went wrong was that some of the volunteers forgot to bring boots. I foresaw this and brought a couple extra pair, but it still wasn't enough for everyone. However, that didn't stop us! We still completed the project even with some not having boots to wear. Besides that, everything went well. The weather was sunny and we were able to help improve the environment and make the community a better place for everyone! On my next project, I would like to plan it more in advanced so more people have more time to work it into their schedule. I might also get more volunteers. My group worked will together and I was able to help my group keep a good pace while cleaning. This allowed us to complete on time. I am currently helping Rangsey with her "Cartridges for Kids" project and Molly with her "Goodbye Mrs. Durrant" project. I have also set a goal to achieve 100 hours of community service within the next year.

In Rangsey's project, I will be making posters and getting the word out, and will also help pack the cartridges into boxes. Her project is ongoing, so I will constantly be involved.

In Molly's project, my main job is to take pictures and also to get people to sign the card. I will also record the delivery of the card.

More reflections to come soon!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment