Friday, June 17, 2011

Alpaca This! Road Clean-Up

This project is the Alpaca This! Road Clean-Up. It will take place on May 14 and end on the same day.  I must have all the volunteers confirmed by the 12 of May, so that will be my milestone date. Kelly J., owner of Alpaca This!, will be the advisor for this project. Driving along the road, trash can always be seen. By participating in this project, people can help make our community a greener and happier place for both the humans and the animals. A clean road makes everyone happy. My goal with this project is to not only improve the environment, but I would also like to show the community that the next generation is dedicated to making this world a better place one road at a time!

There are not many obstacles while accomplishing this project, but they can still be seen. One big problem is the weather. The weather is unpredictable and can make our clean-up extremely hard. Going into the project, we are hoping that the sun will be shining and that it won't rain. If it does rain, I will remind the volunteers to bring rain gear and boots. This will make allow us to complete the project rain or shine.

I must have all people confirmed by May 12 so I can give them the required paperwork that will be returned on the 14th. This will be my one and only milestone date before the project is over.

I will achieve this goal of having all people confirmed by reminding them constantly that I need them to commit to my project. Then, once they have said they will come, I will give them the paperwork needed to participate.

Materials needed for the clean-up will be provided by King County and other materials need to be brought by the participants. These include boots and rain gear (if the weather is bad)

No other materials will be needed, and no special skills are required.

The people helping me with this project are:
Milia K.
Nicole R.
Emily C.
Lina L.
Rangsey T.
Lea O.

My plan for success will be to split the group into two smaller ones, and then one group will start picking up trash at one end of the road, and the other will start at the opposite end. The groups will then meet in the middle. This will be effective and will help the task go faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment