Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Operation Road Clean-Up


Project Time Table:
Start: November 6
End: November 6

Milestone Dates: October 23, 2010 and November 6, 2010
-Notify King County two weeks in advance of date (by the 23 of October)
-Know how many people are attending two weeks in advance (by the 23 of October)

Mentor: Kelly Jarvis

Whenever somebody deliberately litters, it disgusts me. Some people choose to hurt the environment when they could easily throw their garbage in the trash can. Their actions have inspired me to create my first project. I have decided that I will clean up a road through the King County Adopt-A-Road program. This project helps the environment and the community at the same time. Students also can earn required community service hours. When this project is complete, the road will be free of trash and debris. Trash bags, vests, etc. will be provided by King County, but people should bring rain boots because some of the garbage gets thrown into the ditches and you may need to walk in water to get to it. People should also bring rain gear in case the weather isn't great. In order for this project to be successful, I will need about 5-8 people to sign up to help. No training will be necessary, but people must be willing to work. Everyone will be working on removing trash from the road. There will be a couple adults to help supervise. So far, Anthea is planning on helping me, along with my mentor Kelly Jarvis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment